LETTER FROM PASTOR NICK AND THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
COVID-19 and Church Activities
Brothers and sisters in Christ:
With high concern for the welfare and health of our congregation, and in view of the recommendation of our Synod Bishop that there be no in-person congregational gatherings, Sunday and Wednesday services at Saint Peter will be suspended until further notice. We will post a Sunday Service on our home page https://stpeterlutheran-nc.org/ by noon each Sunday so that you may worship at home.
Please be advised of the following recommendations from the Bishop:
No in-person congregational gatherings, committee meetings, Bible study, and all church related events are postponed until further notice.
That people 65 & over not go out in public, including worship, for the time being.
That folks make every effort to give online or mail in contributions to your congregations so that bills and salaries and local helping ministries are supported.
Please join me in praying for all who are ill, for the most vulnerable, for healthcare workers, public health officials, for local, regional, state, national and international policy makers, and all who are fearful about this virus. This is a complex matter and we rely on both the wisdom of experts, resources shared, and, most of all, on our faith in God who is rich in mercy.
Please let us know if you have special needs and how we can help you during this crisis. You can call the church number for updates as they are available (910) 457-5604.
Yours in Christ, Pastor Nick+
The Executive Committee of Church Council: Robin Johnson, President Rod Mitton, Vice President Don Brenner Dave Goudy, Secretary
COVID 19 TASK FORCE
- A COVID-19 “TASK FORCE” is working to assess congregation needs.
- The Sheparding Groups are being mobilized.
- Communications will be enhanced via emails, website and establishing Facebook.
- If you are not on the Church email list, contact the church office.
- Exploring use to ZOOM communications software for meetings and other small groups
- Pastor will continue with videoing the Sunday Service for posting on the website.
- Pastor will continue with videoing weekly messages.
- Plans for keeping in contact with members without technology options.
- The office will remain open for communications via phone and email.